Dek Hockey/Ball Hockey tips?

Home Forums General Ball Hockey Discussion General Chat Dek Hockey/Ball Hockey tips?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ADMIN 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

davefollmers
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Recently I’ve had the opportunity to join a Dek Hockey team and find it a bit more challenging than I had thought it was going to be. Ice Hockey is one thing, but with Dek it seems like our team gets way out of position more often than they should. As a forward, I feel like I am the only one that’s covering the point, and my other winger is down low trying to fish the puck out of the zone with the defenders + center. (It doesn’t help either that only half of the team shows up

I saw that there was a thread originally on google, but with the new site layout, I can’t seem to find it.

I did remember seeing that having a blade with no tape does help you stick-handle better.. any other tips?

Any help appreciated.

ADMIN
    Keymaster

Dek/ball hockey positional play is the same as ice hockey. Sounds like you need to get a few team practices in so that you guys can practice some positional play.
    As for the stick blade with no tape…. most ball hockey facilities do not allow tape on the bottom of the blade.
    However, they do allow tape of the “face” of the blade, which can help with ball control etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register